Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Panoramic... again!

I am so happy (and lucky) I was able to squeeze in another little Panoramic Poetry last Friday! Each time I go to a spoken word event, I am re-floored! The poets are just unbelievable! This time, there were two 17-year-olds (who were at a poetry event on a Friday night instead of out with friends as others their age would be!) and they just blew me away! And let's not leave out the other poets, who inspired us beyond belief. They say poets are the new prophets and they are so right!

I feel so privileged to have performed amongst such talented artists. And to boot, our host, Crucial, even made a special request for one of my poems (and a member of the audience told me they had been talking about me all week!)! Wow! If I ever need a confidence boost, I know exactly where to go!

Thanks again, Lamar and Crucial, for allowing me to be a part of the beautiful future you are building!

No comments: