Sunday, June 8, 2008

Aziza's... again!

Sometimes, silence is the only language that can do justice to a moment. I felt that moment at Aziza's on Friday, where I was welcomed so warmly by Aziza, herself. I brought two pieces to perform, which I did, and then, to my humble surprise, was requested to perform a piece I had performed at my previous visit. A request by Aziza? I bent over backwards to perform it!

With a huge, warm hug, Aziza told me how she was so pleased I had returned, and that she had been raving about my work since she met me two months ago. Who wouldn't be humbled and honoured?

I met poets and artists the likes of Lady Dove, Lady Blue, Lamont Steptoe, and so many others that inspired and elated...

I am so thankful to have made it out on Friday night - it was a night to remember. Aziza, thank you for hosting such an inspiring and uplifting event. I look forward to many more...

No comments: